Friday, January 16, 2009

Task B- Blinkin Lights

To the creators of Blinkenlights that was awesome! I'm not a big starwars fan however I loved the creativity behind each picture. I guess I was was wrong in my previous post, Telnet can be used for more than just a resources tool.

Blinkin Lights reminds me of the early sms picture messages you use to receive on the old nokia 5110's etc. They weren't pictures but a collection of numbers, letters and symbols to make a picture and because of this the pictures were very basic with limitations to how realistic they could be, how the pictures could move and how much information could go into the message space and standard size of the numbers, letters and symbols.

SKIPPY :)

((7
/ ‥_。
) _ノ  
L_ _ 〃〃〃〃〃〃〃〃〃〃〃〃〃〃
  亅亅
  ! 
(^^⊃  
⌒ヽ─¬¬  
   ノ   
   └───、
=========="
I would say this would be the same for Telnet- working with many movement and creative limitations as Telnet receives and transmits unencrypted ASCII characters (plain text) across a network (Microsofttechnet).

No comments: