Monday, February 23, 2009

Module 2 - Chat

TASK OPTION Other chat options: MSN, YahooChat, SecondLife (sign up is laborious but the dedicated can give it a try) For any of these options you choose Arrange with other students in the unit to meet up for a chat Record your answer and reflections in your learning log
LOG ENTRY: Record your outcome and reflections of your experiences and thoughts on this task in your learning log


YahooChat was easier than I thought, for some reason I had preconceived notions it wasn't a good chat site (probably comments from others) however it was easy to add friends to my contact list and chat. The only negtive was with so many people chatting at the same time it got a little confusing following who was saying what- especially because I haven't met the others in our study group before.

GROUP TASK ~ all students : Talk about which chat service you prefer, and what forms of communication chat is most useful for. Think about the following question: how does the method you are familiar with appear to differ from other chat or messaging such as ICQ, MSN or AIM? Which system do you prefer?
LOG ENTRY: Record your outcome and reflections of your experiences and thoughts on this task in your learning log


I chose to sign up to MSN as my friends were already using it and as i'm using a HP computer a signup pop-up window automatically comes uo when I log on so I thought it was about time I did. I found it very easy to install , register and use. It was also easy to share photos and files between those on your contact list. I like that I can choose my status (on the phone, online) or I can choose to be offline and be more of an observer.

Many said they prefer to use chat forms which their friends use. The main opinion (including mine) was that all of them have very similar features and the main one being real-time chat is the most important so the main form of communication used was based on the one that was more popular with their friends.

No comments: