Thursday, February 26, 2009

Module 3 - Legal Issues

· have you used images or words on your web page or website that contravene copyright laws?

On my webpage I don’t have photos which can be subject to copyright laws as they are my personal photos however I did use the little picture man that was used in the tutorial. There is no copyright sign noted near to picture to indicate to me it has been copyrighted however as it is an intellectual creation by someone other than me, it’s a good idea to attribute it was their creation and not my own.

· Would you be in breach of copyright if you put the Curtin logo at the top of your web page for an assignment?

This information may be difficult to find so be prepared for a search and some independent thought!

You’re right, I didn’t find an answer on any website however the common answer I was finding in relation to logo use was that if I had permission to use it from the owner (Curtin University) than it should be fine to use it. If an assignment created and distributed by Curtin University asked me to place their logo a website I created it should be fine. I would add to this by saying that the website I create must also be inline with their requests. I can not just put their logo on any site which has nothing to do with the assignment.

No comments: